Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tonight, I had my first experience cooking corn on the cob. I shucked it, spread butter on it and sprinkled it with salt and pepper.

Then, I wrapped it in tin foil.


I threw it in the oven at 425 and after twenty minutes, I ended up with this:

It was all pretty delicious. It brought back childhood memories of grilling in our backyard on warm(ish) summer nights.



Oh, PS: I started baking early. I just pulled a loaf of banana bread out of the oven. It smells awesome.

6 comments:

  1. Aw yum! Jarvis taught me a way to grill corn on the cob on the grill using the part you tear off. But it looks delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to grill it, but we can't grill on the patio anymore because of the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Screen? What screen? Grill in the house! ;) Just kidding. Please don't. Well someday in the future when we are having a painting party at Kelsey and Michael's house in Washington, we can grill corn on the cob outside. Corn we get from the farmer's market. We will be so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! Painting Party at our future and currently non-existent WA house.

    And I second the please don't grill in the house. (Screen? I'm imagining some crazy DIY screened-in balcony job. Are the bugs bad there? The bugs are horrible here. HORRIBLE. I will blog about it when I feel that I can.)

    We don't have a grill yet. I just boil corn cobs for 6 minutes. Its fast. Its easy. Its how my mom did it. And my oven is always busy. Probably because we're microwave-less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom always boiled corn on the cob too! Also not having a microwave makes you so creative and and makes you eat healthier. We didn't have one for a long time, like all winter/spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kels, it is pretty much a crazy DC(Caleb)S screened in balcony.

    I was considering boiling it, but I thought baking it might taste better. It was the same, but it took longer.

    ReplyDelete