Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lately, Caleb and I have been making an effort to "go green." We've been shopping only at natural food stores, buying environmentally friendly products, and hitting up farmer's markets. We've even started using cloth napkins for everything.

My favorite green product is Mrs. Meyer's countertop spray.
Mrs. Meyer's Counter Top Spray 16 fl oz (473 ml)
I bought the lemon verbena scent, and so far I love it. It's called countertop spray, but you can use it for whatever you think needs a wipe down.


I also bought Biokleen dish soap.
It's completely natural and biodegradable, and it smells great. It reminds me of the cleaner my dad used to use in the garage. It has a citrus-y scent that I absolutely love.

I highly recommend these products to anyone looking to be more kind to the environment.



7 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try that cleaner, and now I might!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to sound super cheap...but you can make an effective "green" cleaning solution by mixing equal parts vinegar and water. Try it when you run out of the other stuff so you can just reuse the squirt bottle. You can get a huge bottle of white vinegar at costco for a couple dollars.

    And I sometimes use baking soda on things that I need to scrub. Like pots and pans. I was amazed at how well this worked the first time I used it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Yay for the cloth napkins!!! We NEVER buy paper towels or paper napkins. They're ridiculous.

    I'm too westernized to give up my toilet paper though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I want to know how you would go to the bathroom with out toilet paper...leaves?? haha. The ideas are endless though...and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelsey-I can't stand the smell of vinegar. Someday I might suck it up and try that, but for now I like my lemon-y cleaner.

    Caleb would probably be unhappy with me if I tried to get rid of toilet paper or use the recycled kind. Very unhappy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The smell goes away once a surface is dry -- otherwise I don't think it would be a very good idea. BUT I totally understand the smell thing. It just makes me think of dying easter eggs! :)


    I like Amanda's alternative. LEAVES! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to babysit for people who used vinegar water for cleaning! Couldn't you add a couple drops of lemon juice for a lemon scent??

    ReplyDelete